Tuesday, February 17, 2009

About Me

Well I finally decided to sit down and make a blog, much to the excitement of some people when they see this. You know who you are. For my first ever blog I though I would just tell everyone a little bit about me. I live on a 411 acre ranch full of llamas, cats, a dog, rabbits, and one very adorable potbellied pig. My grandpa purchased the ranch Pearl Harbor day actually, and it's been in our family ever since. I hope it stays that way.
I have 6 brothers and sisters. 3 older sisters, 2 older brothers, and 1 younger sister.
Right now I am going to school, mostly online classes, but I am planning on going to college somewhere else soon. At least I hope. I home-schooled my high school years so I first have to take and pass the GED before I apply to the colleges I want to go to. So for now I am living at home taking care of all of my animals. I want to go into some form of veterinary medicine. I think I have decided to become a Veterinary Technologist. I want to go into the exotic animals side of it so that I can go and work in a zoo or somewhere. I have always loved going to the zoo. My parents would always take all the kids to the Hogel Zoo in Utah. I could always spend hours and hours in there when the rest of the family would be ready to move on to something else and my parents were ready to fall over from watching 7 kids at one time. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I love to travel so I want a job that is going to enable me to do that.
My family did a lot of very long car trips. I think that is one of the reasons my family is so close. I remember the big white bus that we took all the way to South Carolina. That was before gas was almost 2 dollars a gallon. The good days. I think we went to Navuoo Illinois in that bus too. My family has really been all around the U.S. With all my older sisters and brothers moving all around the U.S. we took a lot of car trips to go help them move, see them graduate, everything. I have always been very glad my family was always able to go take those trips.
I was able to go live in New York and Europe for 6 months in 2007. It was one of the best times I have ever had in my life. My older sister was going to school in Leuven, Belgium and I was staying in New York for the first 3 months helping to watch my little niece with my brother in law. He had to stay in New York and work so I got to take my little niece all the way to Leuven. She was so great and never cried for more than a few seconds getting on and off planes. I think she and I were so exhausted that it was all a fog for us. Once we were in Europe so many people helped us and I think saw how tired we both were. Carrying 50 pounds of bags and a tired baby will do that to you. Funny thing was that to get into the main terminal we had to go through a line that was sorta like customs. A French couple who had helped me before helped me to get into line, but it was the line for European citizens, not the line for U.S. citizens. Another couple helped me to get into the right line. The French couple apologized and were telling me, "oh we thought you were French" I guess I looked like I fit in. They thought we were European. I always thought that was pretty funny. That happened to me quite a few times over there. I want to take another trip over there very soon. I got to meet my uncle and aunt that I hadn't seen since i was about 5 years old. He reminded me a lot of my granddaddy. So he took us all around Switzerland, and France. He read all the Latin and French for me, it was very very cool. I also went to London which was really fun. I hope that I get to go again sometime.
Well this post is getting very long and I need to go do some other things like oh study maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment